Episode 130 - A New Way To Figure Out Hops
We took a week off from hops, but we could never leave them for long. With all of the new ways of using hops, the IBU (which was already a lie) seems increasingly inadequate to reflect the modern beer experience. We're talking to our friends - Sam and Marko, from Grainfather - to discuss a new way to calculate the impact of our hop usage.
- HomeBrewCon Virtual: https://www.homebrewcon.org/
- Radegast Award: Due 4/11 - https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-clubs/radegast-club-of-t...
- Brewers Space Guild: https://brewersspaceguild.com/
- Allagash Saison Day: https://www.allagash.com/saisonday/
- Erosion Winery/Brewery: https://napavalleyregister.com/community/star/news/after-surviving-pande...
- Pink Boots New Push: https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/pink-boots-society-women-owned-br...
- Mosaic State Collective: http://washingtonbeerblog.com/introducing-a-new-program-that-fosters-div...
- Marty Nachel Skillshare: https://www.skillshare.com/user/nachel
- Grainfather mIBU primer: https://grainfather.com/maximum-international-bitterness-units-in-beer/
- mIBU Article (JP Hosom): https://alchemyoverlord.wordpress.com/2018/05/07/an-on-line-calculator-f...
- mIBU calculator (JP Hosom): https://jphosom.github.io/alchemyoverlord/ibu_mIBU.html
- The Plot Thickens Podcast: https://theplotthickens.tcm.com/
- The Ransom of Miss Coraline Connelly: https://firesidefiction.com/the-ransom-of-miss-coraline-connelly
- World Central Kitchen: https://wck.org/
- Patreon Remember even a buck is good for charity: http://www.patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
00:00:00 Opening & Our Sponsors
00:02:08 Announcements & Feedback
00:7:12 The Pub
00:20:41 The Library
00:28:23 The Brewery
00:38:51 The Lounge - Jesse Brussard
01:24:37 Quick Tip & Something Other Than Beer
This episode is brought to you by:
Interested in helping Denny and Drew with the IGOR program (aka help us run experiments!) - contact them at email@example.com. We want more Citizen Science!
In the meanwhile, subscribe via your favorite podcasting service (iTunes, etc). Like our podcast, review it - talk it up! If you have comments, feedbacks, harassments, etc, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook (ExperimentalHomebrewing) or Twitter (@ExpBrewing). If you have questions you'd like answered in our Q&A segment, send an email to email@example.com!
Don't forget you can support the podcast on Patreon by going to http://patreon.com/experimentalbrewing
This episode can be downloaded directly at http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.experimentalbrew.com/sites/d...
Podcast RSS Url: http://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast.rss